New Away Kit 2024/25

ForzaShots
Re: New Away Kit 2024/25

Post by ForzaShots »

I think the club have missed a trick by putting the phoenix on the back. Perhaps change it to a rainbow prancing over a sparkling unicorn you could double the price.
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

ForzaShots wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 pm I think the club have missed a trick by putting the phoenix on the back. Perhaps change it to a rainbow prancing over a sparkling unicorn you could double the price.
:lol:
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Birdman
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Birdman »

“The benefit of hindsight can be a wonderful thing.”
FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil »

Absolutely horrible!! I don’t like black kits.

Still, at least it’s a change from the disrespectful Argentina kit. I’m from an army family and was DISGUSTED at the team representing the home of the British army having such a kit!!
Turnkey

Post by Turnkey »

FloridaPhil wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:33 am

Still, at least it’s a change from the disrespectful Argentina kit. I’m from an army family and was DISGUSTED at the team representing the home of the British army having such a kit!!
Bit of an over-reaction no? My Grandad was severely injured at Dunkirk and my Great Uncle was killed on Lancasters over Berlin, but I drive a BMW, or is that not allowed either?
Wiltshire Shot
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Wiltshire Shot »

Turnkey wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:00 pm

Bit of an over-reaction no? My Grandad was severely injured at Dunkirk and my Great Uncle was killed on Lancasters over Berlin, but I drive a BMW, or is that not allowed either?
Historically, in war, at some point we have to move on. These green islands of ours have been successfully invaded by Germans, French, Norwegians, Danes, and Italians, but we no longer bear undue grievance towards them any more, do we? (well, not much anyway :) ...).
However, the Falklands War is fairly recent in memory for many, so FloridaPhil may have made a reasonable point.
supershots
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by supershots »

FloridaPhil wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:33 am Absolutely horrible!! I don’t like black kits.

Come on the army pissed off long ago :shock:
supershots
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by supershots »

You cad sir!
Turnkey

Post by Turnkey »

Wiltshire Shot wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:17 pm

Historically, in war, at some point we have to move on. These green islands of ours have been successfully invaded by Germans, French, Norwegians, Danes, and Italians, but we no longer bear undue grievance towards them any more, do we? (well, not much anyway :) ...).
However, the Falklands War is fairly recent in memory for many, so FloridaPhil may have made a reasonable point.
Not for me, reconciliation starts the moment the shooting stops. Grandad spent two years in Germany after the war helping rebuild, he’d lost a lot of mates to the Germans but put that aside so life could start again. I guess I learnt from him that hate is a wasted emotion and life’s too short to bear grudges.
Peter macdonald

Post by Peter macdonald »

His disgust I presume goes back to august 1993 then
Wiltshire Shot
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Wiltshire Shot »

Turnkey wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:12 pm

Not for me, reconciliation starts the moment the shooting stops. Grandad spent two years in Germany after the war helping rebuild, he’d lost a lot of mates to the Germans but put that aside so life could start again. I guess I learnt from him that hate is a wasted emotion and life’s too short to bear grudges.
Wise man, indeed.
Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner »

Oldershot wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:46 pm I hope the kit is OK with the National League, they don't like black because it clashes with the Referee. Have they eased the rules? I hope so, I know another club ended up with lots of shirts they could not use in league matches. Easy for @efs to change to a different shirt I would think. The Refs only having black probably was originally when refs had to buy their own kit. Looks smart and should sell well.
Well nothing was done about the colour clash when eastlee visited.. from half a pitch length away the players could not be distinguished so maybe they aren't bothered.. After paying 20quid you expect the basics to be followed ..
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

Turnkey wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:12 pm

Nicely put Turnkey.

My father who due to being born 1899 went through both world wars and actually suffered injuries (nothing significantly life changing luckily) in both wars but he had no problem with the Germans afterwards and although not for as long as two years like your grandad did spend some time in Germany immediately after the second World War helping the Germans to recover and doing a lot of work with reuniting German families who had got split up both civilians and ex soldiers.
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil »

If you’d read my post in context rather than seeing it as an opportunity to show off to your friends, you’d have worked out that I was making the link between Aldershot as the home of the army and our club representing that!

Using your ridiculous logic, there would obviously be no right of complaint if a member of the Israeli FA proposing their country play in black, red and gold!!
Ian M

Post by Ian M »

Only on an Internet forum could chat about a shirt head off down that sort of rabbit hole.😁

Anyway. Shirt looks great from the front, but I'm not going out in public with three big yellow letters on the backside! No thanks.
Logic has no place in being a Shots supporter!

We are back. Bloomin' back! Who'd have thought it!