Programme exchange/swap idea.

PAUL BLUNDELL
Programme exchange/swap idea.

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL »

Recently, a few collectors have asked for programme's from recent season's, ie, last 30 years say, that they need to fill slots in their collections. I wondered if we could not use this, to help. What i suggest is that each collector list 3 programme's on here. If anyone has a double and wants to give it away, they let the person know on here and take it to the club/programme shop on match day where the collector would pick it up. Once the collector has the programme, he can then delete it from his list and add another, meaning that you only have 3 programme's on the list and not massive list's that people get fed up going through. Obviously I'm not talking 1960 or below as they are becoming valuable but from say 60's upwards perhaps. Do you think this could work. Not sure but perhaps we could give it a go. I will list my three, Morecambe v Shots 20/03/07 Braintree v Shots 18/04/02. If anyone has any of these that wants to give away, sell or swap, please let me know. Hope this can work for all of us nutty collectors, Paul Blundell. Please keep this topic for collectors. Sensible feed back is OK but not silly remarks. Thank you. Deleted Boreham wood as you found it for me, Thank's. Added, Rochdale 25/08/90, Chesterfield 12/02/91, Halifax 01/05 91. These are all Shots away fixtures.
Last edited by PAUL BLUNDELL on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shot By Both Sides
Re: Programme exchange/swap idea.

Post by Shot By Both Sides »

I've got a fair few from the 70's / 80's but still go back to reading them in dull moments.

These keepsakes are not something I would give away lightly.

But a nice idea and good luck with your venture.
Mytshot

Post by Mytshot »

I think it's a great idea Paul. Some of the more recent programmes are actually quite difficult to find due to short print runs. Unfortunately I can't find any of the programmes you are looking for but for the record I would be interested to hear from anyone that has any of these (I know you said only three Paul, but I only need four in total!):
Hereford United v Shots - 16/2/10
Braintree Town v Shots - 22/3/14
Forest Green Rovers v Shots - 3/4/15
Cheltenham Town v Shots - 11/8/15

Thanks
CH

Post by CH »

Great idea Paul

17.03.87 Cambridge United vs Aldershot

04.10.86 Northampton vs Aldershot

26.04.86 Peterborough vs Aldershot
Last edited by CH on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL »

Hi Mytshot, I have a spare copy of the Hereford programme for you albeit, with a center fold which is not bad and will get better under something heavy. I have the others but not as spares.I have seen them around frequently so you should not have a problem finding them. I will put it under the counter in the programme shop for you to collect on a match day. Sorry CH but i cant find any of your three, i don't even have them myself which is strange. Are you sure they were played and not postponed for that date? I will keep looking for the both of us, Paul B.
Mytshot

Post by Mytshot »

PAUL BLUNDELL wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:36 pm Hi Mytshot, I have a spare copy of the Hereford programme for you albeit, with a center fold which is not bad and will get better under something heavy. I have the others but not as spares.I have seen them around frequently so you should not have a problem finding them. I will put it under the counter in the programme shop for you to collect on a match day. Sorry CH but i cant find any of your three, i don't even have them myself which is strange. Are you sure they were played and not postponed for that date? I will keep looking for the both of us, Paul B.
Thanks Paul, I'll be at the game on Monday and will pick up. I have quite a few spare programmes which I'll bring in. Hopefully someone visiting the shop may need one or two.

I have the three you're looking for in my collection but I have to admit, I've not seen them around too often. Will keep an eye out though. Strange how some are just difficult to find. Thanks again.
Mytshot

Post by Mytshot »

CH wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 pm Great idea Paul

17.03.87 Cambridge United vs Aldershot

04.10.86 Northampton vs Aldershot

24.04.86 Peterborough vs Aldershot
Hi CH. Programmes do exist for all three games but are very hard to come by for some reason. I don't think the date you put for the Peterborough game is correct. We played them on the 17th April 86 in the Freight Rover Trophy and then again on the 26th April in the League, but not the 24th.
CH

Post by CH »

Thanks guys, yes 26th....sorry. Fat fingers
PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL »

Obviously, going forward with your feed back collectors, i think that if we log say up to 5 programme's needed, it would widen the search for people looking for you. And an idea is to log your programme's for one month then changing them. Of course, if your a lucky bugger and only need 3/5 to complete your collection, then those five will stay on until you get them. I hope you know what i mean, i do.! I have to say that with the amount of people that come in the shop looking for programme's, I'm surprised that up to now, only 3 of us have logged programme's wanted. They all must be luckier than me with their collecting. Happy hunting folk's. Paul. see you all Monday. P.S, It's been good feedback, may be not on getting programme's, but info on at least that they are out there to get and that some of us who put up wrong date's, are corrected. I know myself that when hunting, especially on say e-bay, other site's are available, I'v got a date wrong and can't find it, only to get the right date , and then find it.. :D
Durham Shot

Post by Durham Shot »

Hi all

I’m after the following away programmes all from 1970/71

Lincoln 1/5/71
Cambridge 9/1/71
Darlington 17/4/71
Grimsby 30/1/71

Thanks
Lazio
Northampton 1989 (home)

Post by Lazio »

If anyone has a programme from this match could they PM me if they are happy to sell.

*MERGED*
PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL »

Lazio, please put the date of the game. We may have played them more than once that season and there's nothing more annoying than going through all my programme's, finding one, only to be the wrong fixture.
Lazio

Post by Lazio »

Not sure exactly but it was February.