Programme exchange/swap idea.

AFC197273
Re: Programme exchange/swap idea.

Post by AFC197273 »

I wonder following Covid and the lack of hard copy programmes this season, whether collecting match day programmes will be a thing of the past. I don't think too many clubs have been printing them this year. I hope physical copies do continue as they do stir many memories not just of games but people and away day experiences. Somehow keeping an E programme on my PC just isn't the same.
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

AFC197273 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:02 pm I wonder following Covid and the lack of hard copy programmes this season, whether collecting match day programmes will be a thing of the past. I don't think too many clubs have been printing them this year. I hope physical copies do continue as they do stir many memories not just of games but people and away day experiences. Somehow keeping an E programme on my PC just isn't the same.
There has not been a lack of hard copy programmes this season, you could have ordered them by subscription or if you just want one off's then you can still purchase them online from the club shop.
AFC197273

Post by AFC197273 »

Yes,I was rather talking about away programmes and how the match day programme is a good way to stir memories etc. Like I said their has been a lack of Programmes this year (Away). Wrexham did one but not too many others.
Wanderer
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Wanderer »

AFC197273 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:34 pm Yes,I was rather talking about away programmes and how the match day programme is a good way to stir memories etc. Like I said their has been a lack of Programmes this year (Away). Wrexham did one but not too many others.
The away programme situation for the season so far as far as I know:
Pre-season:
Haringey Borough: 16 page pdf programme available for free.
Staines Town: 4 page programme available on the day
Tonbridge Angels: 8 page pdf programme available for free.
Other pre-season friendlies at Ascot, Hanwell Town, Dartford, Slough and Ebbsfleet nothing as far as I know.

Season proper:
Hartlepool United: Nothing
Dover Athletic: Nothing
Eastleigh: 40 page pdf programme available for £2.00
Altrincham: 28 page pdf programme available when buying the streaming for £2.50, companies like M60 Programmes do sell printed versions which they organise themselves.
Wrexham: 32 page printed programme is available but I have only seen it on EBay, it is A4 size but probably should be larger looking at the small print. No price is given on the programme cover.
Chesterfield: 16 page printer programme is available, but again I have only seen this on EBay, A4 sized with a cover price of £2.00
Boreham Wood: 40 page pdf on-line programme available free with the streaming, cover price £3.00. I have had problems printing the fixtures page with this programme. A printed version was available on the day which apparently sold out on the day.
Welwyn Garden City: 28 page pdf on-line programme was hidden away on their website, the programme was free but had a cover price of £1.50.
Yeovil Town: There was what they called a programme on their website, but you were unable to save it or print it and it wasn't really that good or informative.
Woking: 44 page pdf on-line programme was free with the streaming service with a cover price of £2.25. This is another programme which M40 Programmes do a printed version.
Wealdstone: 52 page pdf on-line programme available for £2.00 but has a cover price of £3.00, I believe that there are some printed version around.
Bromley: Nothing
Stockport: 64 page pdf programme free with streaming, no cover price, but the Stockport club shop did sell printed versions.
Maidenhead: 36 page pdf programme available for free but not able to save or print unless you asked the producers for a pdf copy. No cover price.
Halifax: A 40 page printed programme is available but there is no mention of it on their website or club shop, copies have been on sale on EBay, cover price £3.00.

That is the season so far, if anyone wants to make updates to my observation please add to them.
CH

Post by CH »

Maidenhead was downloadable from the same website/app that we use - Match Day info

Yeovil was rubbish I agree, but after some immense "fiddling" was also downloadqble/printable
NZSHOT

Post by NZSHOT »

clubs have been doing hard copies of programmes,Wealdstone, Halifax, Stockport, Chesterfield to name a few, Wanderer and CH you need to join the Aldershot programme collectors group on FaceBook
Wanderer
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Wanderer »

NZSHOT wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:46 pm clubs have been doing hard copies of programmes,Wealdstone, Halifax, Stockport, Chesterfield to name a few, Wanderer and CH you need to join the Aldershot programme collectors group on FaceBook
Nave you got a link? I have attempted to find it on a few occasions but have never found it.
BillB

Post by BillB »

Hi Steve, hope you're in good health. Me? Well age is overtaking me in the fast lane, probably have to start thinking about retiring......... Good Luck.
NZSHOT

Post by NZSHOT »

Wanderer wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:12 pm
NZSHOT wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:46 pm clubs have been doing hard copies of programmes,Wealdstone, Halifax, Stockport, Chesterfield to name a few, Wanderer and CH you need to join the Aldershot programme collectors group on FaceBook
Nave you got a link? I have attempted to find it on a few occasions but have never found it.
on the search facebook up on lefthand side, type in Aldershot programme collectors
Wanderer
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Wanderer »

NZSHOT wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:18 pm
Wanderer wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:12 pm
on the search facebook up on lefthand side, type in Aldershot programme collectors
Done that umpteen times in the past and never get anything about any group, that is why I requested a link.
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

Some are available to buy from the club shop https://www.theshots.co.uk/the-shots-shop/page/4/ for others it may be worth contacting Paul Blundell as he may have some that your after in his stock.
NZSHOT

Post by NZSHOT »

shots programme collectors would be the page on facebook , not Aldershot programme collectors !
Wanderer
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Wanderer »

NZSHOT wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:56 pm shots programme collectors would be the page on facebook , not Aldershot programme collectors !
Tried, get nothing yet again as per usual.

I get some programme selling groups as options but nothing Aldershot specific. Surely someone can provide a link.
JonKirby

Post by JonKirby »

Is the FB page still active? If not, is there another site for Aldershot Programmes - as in specifically for us? I am currently going through all of mine (I have hundreds) including many rare and old ones and would like to buy/swap/sell/donate with others...if not I'm going to start one up
Last edited by JonKirby on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CH

Post by CH »

FB page is definitely still active. Its called "shots Programme Collectors"

They have just arranged a socially distanced swap meet this coming Saturday in the East Bank car park at 9.30am