Shotsweb behaviour

Birdman
Co-owner
Co-owner
Shotsweb behaviour

Post by Birdman »

First of all, a happy and prosperous New Year to you all.

Now to the subject of this post. This forum is by and large a quite civil place to have debates, discussions and/or providing of information and I feel that that is generally appreciated by the vast majority of Shotsweb members. Disagreements are part and parcel of those debates and discussions on this forum. However, over the last couple of months or so name-calling and the use of 'dubious' language has become much more prevalent. 'Language' in particular has been much more frequent, albeit in poorly disguised form (the use of symbols, numbers, asterisks etc in place of letters). My 'request' to you is this; please refrain from dragging this forum down (albeit bit by bit) to the level of so many other football forums. It becomes unpleasant for the majority of our members (yes, me included). If you feel that you can't communicate on here without the use of said name-calling and/or disguised language (poorly or obvious) then maybe this forum isn't for you. There are other Shots related social media sites out there on Twitter or Facebook where it appears you can rant and curse as much as you want. I would even go so far as to say that it seems almost obligatory.
Let's return this forum to where it used to be not so long ago.

Thank you.
FloridaPhil
Re: Shotsweb behaviour

Post by FloridaPhil »

Perhaps if you didn't let the blue eyed posters behave in a bad way, then maybe others (who you DO tell off) wouldn't post what they feel the need to post or (worse) to give up posting on here.
supershots
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by supershots »

!$£%*&@+ to you Birdman :lol:
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

I do hope that Birdman's message may hit home with few people and could just help them to think before posting, its just as easy to debate and even disagree with someone politely then it is to be rude and abusive.

There will always be widely differing views on here on pretty much any subject whether the discussion is about on the field or off the field matters but the one thing that everyone who uses this forum (other than occasional visitors) has in common is being a shots supporter and wanting the best for our club. If we can all try and remember that before calling someone names or accusing them of bias, happy clapping, moaning or negative etc... then maybe just maybe we can improve the friendly nature of our debates and in doing so actually attract more people to post and add their opinions.
Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse »

supershots wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:04 pm !$£%*&@+ to you Birdman :lol:
Is that Well-done ?
supershots
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by supershots »

Anon E Mouse wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:15 pm
supershots wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:04 pm !$£%*&@+ to you Birdman :lol:
Is that Well-done ?
I can't spell!
lanternhall

Post by lanternhall »

I agree and will hold my hands up and admit that I am one of the culprits. I apologize and will do my best to curtail my posts.

Happy new year to all.
Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie »

lanternhall wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:03 pm I agree and will hold my hands up and admit that I am one of the culprits. I apologize and will do my best to curtail my posts.

Happy new year to all.
Same with me terry, happy new year and try and be less dist 👍
Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot »

lanternhall wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:03 pm I agree and will hold my hands up and admit that I am one of the culprits. I apologize and will do my best to curtail my posts.

Happy new year to all.
I’m loving this new you.
For we are singing please give peace a chance :mrgreen:
Happy new year
Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots »

Birdman wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:57 pm First of all, a happy and prosperous New Year to you all.

Now to the subject of this post. This forum is by and large a quite civil place to have debates, discussions and/or providing of information and I feel that that is generally appreciated by the vast majority of Shotsweb members. Disagreements are part and parcel of those debates and discussions on this forum. However, over the last couple of months or so name-calling and the use of 'dubious' language has become much more prevalent. 'Language' in particular has been much more frequent, albeit in poorly disguised form (the use of symbols, numbers, asterisks etc in place of letters). My 'request' to you is this; please refrain from dragging this forum down (albeit bit by bit) to the level of so many other football forums. It becomes unpleasant for the majority of our members (yes, me included). If you feel that you can't communicate on here without the use of said name-calling and/or disguised language (poorly or obvious) then maybe this forum isn't for you. There are other Shots related social media sites out there on Twitter or Facebook where it appears you can rant and curse as much as you want. I would even go so far as to say that it seems almost obligatory.

Thank you.
Good Post Birdy and good responses from the majority. Hope the peace lasts.,The 'Shots prosper,
Wiish all the best to all on here.
FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil »

Cph.shots wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:06 pm
Birdman wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:57 pm First of all, a happy and prosperous New Year to you all.

Thank you.
Good Post Birdy and good responses from the majority. Hope the peace lasts.,The 'Shots prosper,
Wiish all the best to all on here.
A nicely disguised pop at me!

No doubt you'll continue to be allowed to get away with abusing me on here and in private messages that the admins apparently cant read even though I copy and paste them in their entirety!
Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse »

Yes it’s funny how some on here that like to wish for a more peaceful Shotsweb are the ones that post aggressive PM’s to people instead.
rocky

Post by rocky »

That is the main reason I stopped posting regularly. I got so fed up with being told, among other things, that I couldn't be a Shot's fan 3500 miles away. I offered to attend every game if they would pay my airfare but had no takers. I could have changed my login as many old-timers did but forgot it. Old age memory. I do still read daily and agree with birdman.
mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 »

Well said Birdman.
I would have to be one of the culprits and to be honest, who hasn't been at one time or another.
I will turn over a new leaf and be very civil and polite from now on.
Yes keep this post clean and civil and I just hope you in UK come out of this virus soon.
Over here in Western Australia, fingers crossed, we are almost back to normal although it will be a long time if ever before we can forget it.
Best wishes to everyone on this site.
BillB

Post by BillB »

You mean MP that the pubs and clubs are still closing on Sundays??????