Eastleigh: £528m debt, 41.1x income

Runnymede: £643m debt, 23.4x income

Worthing: £204m debt, 14.4x income

Surrey Heath: £170m debt, 13.7x income

Rushmoor: £120m debt, 10.6x income

Cherwell: £188m debt, 10.3x income

Uttlesford: £301m debt, 10x income

Warrington: £1.8bn debt, 7.5x income

Source: Moody’s Investor services report. Borrowing figures are fiscal year end 2023, income most recent year available.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****....What a ride!"
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner
Re: Constructive ideas for Ground Development

Post by Richard Petty »

Chalkie wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:50 pm Not sure what, if any impact this might have regarding the redevelopment:

Councils with the biggest debt burdens

Spelthorne: £1.1bn debt, 86.9x income

Woking: £1.97bn debt, 62x income

Source: Moody’s Investor services report. Borrowing figures are fiscal year end 2023, income most recent year available.
In theory it should encourage them to continue supporting the development as there is no initial outlay for RBC so the percentage share that they get from the housing part on Redan Hill will contribute to clearing any current debts. Also those debt figures are likely to be a bit misleading because they will include capital outlay for purchasing the Union Street properties in Aldershot and Kingsmead and Queensmead in Farnbourough which of course will generate income once fully developed from retail leases of course residential sales.
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget »

Richard Petty wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:31 pm
Chalkie wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:50 pm Not sure what, if any impact this might have regarding the redevelopment:

In theory it should encourage them to continue supporting the development as there is no initial outlay for RBC so the percentage share that they get from the housing part on Redan Hill will contribute to clearing any current debts. Also those debt figures are likely to be a bit misleading because they will include capital outlay for purchasing the Union Street properties in Aldershot and Kingsmead and Queensmead in Farnbourough which of course will generate income once fully developed from retail leases of course residential sales.
It's nevertheless an eye-watering list Richard. Also, given that Hampshire County Council are heading for bankruptcy (whilst outgoing Chief Executive John Coughlin received a remuneration of £530,760 in 2020-21, largest figure in the South East and 4th largest in the UK for this post, with HCC, along with Kent topping the regional polls for having the most employees to be handed pay deals in excess of £100,000 – a total 26 each.), a Royal Commission is long overdue to examine exactly how OUR hard earned money is being spent by Local Authorities. Yes, we get a crude breakdown of costs on our Council Tax demand but that isn't exactly forensic. We really need to get back to the original ethos of Local Authorities being groups well-intentioned citizens organising resources for the good of their community so that costs are shared rather than funding grotesque, rapacious, self serving organisations that are, in reality, answerable to nobody but themselves.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Stenhouse
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Stenhouse »

I said it before and I will say it again - the proposed redevelopment of the Rec will be a disaster - losing the majority of the East Bank, (our biggest selling point), no tangible car parking on match days, and no new weekday income streams. Mark my words.
Wylie, McLaughlan & Jack, Taylor, Kinnell & Moore, Sugden, Dickson, Mullen, Bostock & Ross.
ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget »

Stenhouse wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:07 pm I said it before and I will say it again - the proposed redevelopment of the Rec will be a disaster - losing the majority of the East Bank, (our biggest selling point), no tangible car parking on match days, and no new weekday income streams. Mark my words.
The current proposed design is fitting in that it accurately reflects both the foresight and the understanding of football in Aldershot of those involved.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Harlow Massive

Post by Harlow Massive »

ShotOnTarget wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:04 am
Stenhouse wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:07 pm I said it before and I will say it again - the proposed redevelopment of the Rec will be a disaster - losing the majority of the East Bank, (our biggest selling point), no tangible car parking on match days, and no new weekday income streams. Mark my words.
The current proposed design is fitting in that it accurately reflects both the foresight and the understanding of football in Aldershot of those involved.
Well it shows to me that those involved have simply no understanding of football in Aldershot!
Mytshot

Post by Mytshot »

Richard Petty wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:31 pm

Why are councils gambling with our money? I’m amazed this is even a thing. Seems very irresponsible to me.
canaryshot

Post by canaryshot »

The new development is essential to attract new investment and better players imo.
I feel that Shots are stagnating in this league, we need to move on and the new ground is a crucial first step.
However, the club does need the new facilities to raise revenue on non match days which will also give it more of a community feel. Pop up vendors may be one solution.
Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot »

September has again passed 😀
lanternhall

Post by lanternhall »

Totally agree with you. Yes the ground does need redeveloping but not as planned. The East Bank should be the focal point of redevelopment.
stevieshot
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by stevieshot »

I agree a bigger stand to replace the East Bank is essential. I also think that could be achieved High St end, with a small stand East Bank End for away support half standing half seated. What is for sure is the present plan is a dead duck for the fans. So the BOD should take note.
ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget »

canaryshot wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:00 pm The new development is essential to attract new investment and better players imo.
I feel that Shots are stagnating in this league, we need to move on and the new ground is a crucial first step.
However, the club does need the new facilities to raise revenue on non match days which will also give it more of a community feel. Pop up vendors may be one solution.
There's a lot that could be done to make the facility multi-use but there doesn't seem to be a lot of communication on this, either in terms of what plans there are or consultation with the supporter base. It's been nearly 5 years since the project was described as 'imminent' and in my opinion those 5 years have been squandered.
chimpster99
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by chimpster99 »

The developer clearly has no vision. If they need the land where the East Bank sits, then just do this!!!

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?stor ... cPcJ5xGkxl
'Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. ' Brian Clough
Harlow Massive

Post by Harlow Massive »

ShotOnTarget wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:05 am
canaryshot wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:00 pm The new development is essential to attract new investment and better players imo.
There's a lot that could be done to make the facility multi-use but there doesn't seem to be a lot of communication on this, either in terms of what plans there are or consultation with the supporter base. It's been nearly 5 years since the project was described as 'imminent' and in my opinion those 5 years have been squandered.
I understood we were going to get monthly updates without fail.........?
Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob »

I also fully expect plans to be approved without proper consultation too. Communication will be the first to dry up (as seen) then once contracts have been signed we'll be told the process alongside a timeline for what and when. As customers, we'll just have to accept it ;)