Constructive ideas for Ground Development

Harlow Massive
Re: Constructive ideas for Ground Development

Post by Harlow Massive »

Aldershot_Rob wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:24 pm I also fully expect plans to be approved without proper consultation too. Communication will be the first to dry up (as seen) then once contracts have been signed we'll be told the process alongside a timeline for what and when. As customers, we'll just have to accept it ;)
100% 👍
ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget »

It seems blindingly obvious that removing the East Bank would divide opinions amongst the fans. It is unconscionable that anyone could see the removal of the East Bank as a good move. And it's been done deliberately! It's actually outrageous and quite alarming.

A fractious consultation could see further delay / the current proposal withdrawn and what then for a prime piece of land upon which a lease has been granted?

Join the dots in any way you choose.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
HackJowarth

Post by HackJowarth »

Preston Shot wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:00 pm September has again passed 😀
And October!
Mytshot

Post by Mytshot »

Has anyone received any replies to feedback through the online portal? I put a few questions in about 2 months ago but never heard a thing. Don't ask for feedback if you've got no intention of replying.
HackJowarth

Post by HackJowarth »

Mytshot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:43 pm Has anyone received any replies to feedback through the online portal? I put a few questions in about 2 months ago but never heard a thing. Don't ask for feedback if you've got no intention of replying.
Not a sausage unsurprisingly!!
WTF

Post by WTF »

How about a ground in the style like Chesterfields?

Looks good to me.......
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

WTF wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:48 pm How about a ground in the style like Chesterfields?

Looks good to me.......
An all seater where nearly everyone stands up, my idea of hell.
WTF

Post by WTF »

DaveC wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:27 pm
WTF wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:48 pm How about a ground in the style like Chesterfields?

Looks good to me.......
I do agree Dave, it was the stands and layout I meant. Cheers!
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

WTF wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:52 pm

Looks good to me.......
I share your view of Chesterfields stadium, if you replaced some of the seats with terracing behind one goal and maybe some of one side then it would be perfect. Replacing some of the seats with terrace would also increase the capacity per square metre so it wouldn't need to be quite so big.

York's stadium is another very good design and with an 8,500 capacity would be perfect for us, though I might slightly reduce the depth of the main stand if I was redesigning it for us.
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
chimpster99
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by chimpster99 »

Richard Petty wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:11 pm

I share your view of Chesterfields stadium, if you replaced some of the seats with terracing behind one goal and maybe some of one side then it would be perfect. Replacing some of the seats with terrace would also increase the capacity per square metre so it wouldn't need to be quite so big.

York's stadium is another very good design and with an 8,500 capacity would be perfect for us, though I might slightly reduce the depth of the main stand if I was redesigning it for us.
All very true, but the difference is that those stadiums were built on large, expansive plots. We are very hemmed in and have the problem of keeping the ground in use instead of flattening the lot.

With that in mind, the general form and layout of the proposed new ground makes a lot of sense. Where it falls down is the suggestion that a little tin shed could replace the East Bank.

It might make more sense to use the West Stand at the terrace, with the fanzone behind, and put seats in the new South and East stands for Family/Community areas and away fans respectively?
'Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. ' Brian Clough
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

chimpster99 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:35 pm

All very true, but the difference is that those stadiums were built on large, expansive plots. We are very hemmed in and have the problem of keeping the ground in use instead of flattening the lot.

With that in mind, the general form and layout of the proposed new ground makes a lot of sense. Where it falls down is the suggestion that a little tin shed could replace the East Bank.

It might make more sense to use the West Stand at the terrace, with the fanzone behind, and put seats in the new South and East stands for Family/Community areas and away fans respectively?
My liking of Chesterfields ground was the design, I wasn’t suggesting it would be a practical suggestion for us as it is because as you point out its too large. A smaller version could work though using the same concept design.

Your suggestion of having the Eastbank at the West end of the ground with the Fanzone, bar and catering behind is actually what the proposed plans include
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
chimpster99
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by chimpster99 »

Richard Petty wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:10 am

My liking of Chesterfields ground was the design, I wasn’t suggesting it would be a practical suggestion for us as it is because as you point out its too large. A smaller version could work though using the same concept design.

Your suggestion of having the Eastbank at the West end of the ground with the Fanzone, bar and catering behind is actually what the proposed plans include
Hi Richard. My reading of it was an all seater West Stand and a new smaller East Bank for the terrace dwellers. I must go back and check!!
'Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. ' Brian Clough
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

chimpster99 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:46 am
Richard Petty wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:10 am

Hi Richard. My reading of it was an all seater West Stand and a new smaller East Bank for the terrace dwellers. I must go back and check!!
Its 1800 capacity terracing at the West end and for the bulk of home fans (Eastbankers) and a smaller 1200 terrace at the East end, what you may have picked up on was that at the fans forum either the architect showing the plans or Shahid (Can't remember which) did say that there might be a small number of additional seats added as well for those that want to sit behind the goal and bing near the bars/catering etc... Not a bad idea actually as I know many people who used to stand in the Eastbank but as age or ailments have caught up with them they have had to move to seats in the North or South stands when they would have preferred to still be in the Eastbank.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

My forecast is that we will certainly get a massively reduced East Bank but that the High Street stand will never be built.
I have been involved with many development schemes and very rarely have I seen every "promise" delivered.
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

DaveC wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:57 am My forecast is that we will certainly get a massively reduced East Bank but that the High Street stand will never be built.
I have been involved with many development schemes and very rarely have I seen every "promise" delivered.
I would be confident the High Street stand will get built because that's part of "Phase one" which does have the funding in place from the housing development. Its phase two and three (The additional building on the High Street itself and the North Stand replacement) that I would have more concern over as they require later additional funding and I cant see where that will come from.