Constructive ideas for Ground Development

lanternhall
Re: Constructive ideas for Ground Development

Post by lanternhall »

I have supported shots since 70s. Ground was going to be developed so many times. Does anyone seriously really think that this is going to happen?.
I won't hold my breath.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Sadly I do not think it will and certainly in the format we are currently seeing... .....just my opnion
Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner »

Should've started by now. I reckon we are going to be disappointed but they don't want to tell us.
karlready

Post by karlready »

No news is good news as far as I’m concerned. For me, the only fly in the ointment is the absence of non-match day income, which would be remedied by ground redevelopment….Oh, wait a minute..
through a glass darkly
Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot »

Assuming everything is going forwards, it seems like the East Bank will be demolished first to make way for the new houses needed to finance the whole project. This will reduce capacity at the EBB considerably, perhaps even reduce it by half to 3,500 ? If the club continue to perform on the pitch, there is every chance that capacity won’t be enough, especially when playing clubs with a decent away following. That could be a real problem if the redevelopment starts this year ?
We haven’t heard anything for quite a while and Wates’ website seems to be full of news about their other projects, so it would be interesting to have an update on the projected time frames anticipated ?
Papasmurf

Post by Papasmurf »

To get things moving we have just been to WBA. Build a stand something like theirs it only holds approx. 5000 at the high street end with social and bar facilities etc. At a later date improve around the ground.
Birdman
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Birdman »

Papasmurf wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:27 pm To get things moving we have just been to WBA. Build a stand something like theirs it only holds approx. 5000 at the high street end with social and bar facilities etc. At a later date improve around the ground.
A bit like the current plans then.
“The benefit of hindsight can be a wonderful thing.”
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

Papasmurf wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:27 pm To get things moving we have just been to WBA. Build a stand something like theirs it only holds approx. 5000 at the high street end with social and bar facilities etc. At a later date improve around the ground.
As Birdman says the current plans include for a new West end stand with facilities, the stand is in phase one and the facilities is on phase two and before you say it yes we are all agreed that the facilities need to be there from the start if it going to work. Your suggestion of waiting to redevelop the rest of the ground (South Stand and Eastbank) would be a problem as they are two stands that time is running out for and must be done sooner rather than later.

For me I would prefer it the other way round if money is tight meaning all phases cant be done at once then just redevelop the East Bank and the South Stand (with improved facilities under it) providing stands everyone would be proud of and happy with and just leave the High Street end until additional funding comes available. If we don't have to find the money for a third stand at the High Street end then maybe the car park wouldn't need to be lost to raise the additional revenue.'
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Papasmurf

Post by Papasmurf »

I understand what you are saying but we need money as soon as possible to progress further. With the lay of the land at the high street end it should be possible to build the stand and have social facilities underneath that can be used straight away 7 days a week to get some income towards the other developments. Also at the east bank end would it be possible to build flats than houses, going upwards takes up less room only problem would be parking for residents.
Harlow Massive

Post by Harlow Massive »

Headley Shot wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:43 am Assuming everything is going forwards, it seems like the East Bank will be demolished first to make way for the new houses needed to finance the whole project. This will reduce capacity at the EBB considerably, perhaps even reduce it by half to 3,500 ? If the club continue to perform on the pitch, there is every chance that capacity won’t be enough, especially when playing clubs with a decent away following. That could be a real problem if the redevelopment starts this year ?
We haven’t heard anything for quite a while and Wates’ website seems to be full of news about their other projects, so it would be interesting to have an update on the projected time frames anticipated ?
Yes we do need an update as weren't we told this would be monthly ?
scorp

Post by scorp »

Papasmurf wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:28 pm I understand what you are saying but we need money as soon as possible to progress further. With the lay of the land at the high street end it should be possible to build the stand and have social facilities underneath that can be used straight away 7 days a week to get some income towards the other developments. Also at the east bank end would it be possible to build flats than houses, going upwards takes up less room only problem would be parking for residents.
Ground floor of the flats - use for car parking. Add an extra floor on the top for the flats lost to that.
Never say never - unless!
WTF

Post by WTF »

scorp wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:42 pm
Papasmurf wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:28 pm I understand what you are saying but we need money as soon as possible to progress further. With the lay of the land at the high street end it should be possible to build the stand and have social facilities underneath that can be used straight away 7 days a week to get some income towards the other developments. Also at the east bank end would it be possible to build flats than houses, going upwards takes up less room only problem would be parking for residents.
Ground floor of the flats - use for car parking. Add an extra floor on the top for the flats lost to that.
Spot on!
scorp

Post by scorp »

WTF wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:18 pm
Spot on!
I'll invoice the architect the sum of £12,000. Cheap at the price. :wink:
Never say never - unless!
WTF

Post by WTF »

scorp wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:26 pm

Spot on!
Go for it! 👌
Turnkey

Post by Turnkey »

WTF wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:27 pm
scorp wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:26 pm

Spot on!
Go for it! 👌