Constructive ideas for Ground Development

Dr Jim Royle
Re: Constructive ideas for Ground Development

Post by Dr Jim Royle »

The old peoples home was built for the good Dr. so that he would not have to fork out so much for travel costs :lol:
Happy with that, already bagged first pickings for penthouse suites at EastBank End.
Red-n-Blue
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Red-n-Blue »

All the images and videos look great, but I'm still unconvinced this idea is a good one, or if it'll actually happen.

Notwithstanding the fact we don't even have funding in place for half the project, the property market is set to cool significantly over the next 2-5 years, and Wates will see their potential profits from the housing development diminish. At some point, the project will no longer be viable.

Personally, I think that would be the best outcome because it's insane to build a new stadium on the existing site. Many have already pointed out the issues in this thread, so I won't repeat them, but I still don't understand why there was never any serious or significant debate about moving to a different site out of town.
GetShotDownunder
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by GetShotDownunder »

Would suggest space be set aside for a small wedding chapel with a suitably pleasing barrel shaped feature roof, the kind aesthetically pleasing enough make the missus weak at the knees, that is should the club wish to attract more receptions.

The presentation seemed exciting... yet ambitious.
OZShot! Better to be a Phoenix for a day than a Sheep all your life.
steveshot

Post by steveshot »

We could also have a Tiffany’s portakabin, thoughts ? 🤣
I am NOT stevieshot
GetShotDownunder
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by GetShotDownunder »

Haha, I laugh cos I know of Chinese money actually being spent on the planning stage of a theme park, including a tiffany and chanel store in my neck of the woods... Sports related but not football, crazy idea aimed at galloping housewife's.
OZShot! Better to be a Phoenix for a day than a Sheep all your life.
steveshot

Post by steveshot »

What about another brick with a name on it for the new ground somewhere, I’d buy one.
I am NOT stevieshot
Yorkieshot

Post by Yorkieshot »

I could donate one !!
stevieshot
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by stevieshot »

What do people think of Fyldes ground. I heard some good comments about it.
Wanderer
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Wanderer »

stevieshot wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:31 pm What do people think of Fyldes ground. I heard some good comments about it.
I thought that Fylde's ground looked very similar to what ours would look like according to the plans provided, except it was missing the 2 blocks of 150 seats we have planned.

The other difference was they have income creating opportunities where we have none.
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

stevieshot wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:31 pm What do people think of Fyldes ground. I heard some good comments about it.
I was watching on NLTV so not being there meant I couldn't see the main stand but the three stands you could see on the TV looked perfect for us to replace Eastbank, South stand and High Street end and I actually messaged three friends who are supporters and who I thought might be watching to say just that and whilst one wasnt watching the other two agreed.

In my opinion if we could three stands like that as "Phase One" that would be a great result and I would imagine most supporters would be equally happy.
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Birdman
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Birdman »

Richard Petty wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:32 pm
I was watching on NLTV so not being there meant I couldn't see the main stand but the three stands you could see on the TV looked perfect for us to replace Eastbank, South stand and High Street end and I actually messaged three friends who are supporters and who I thought might be watching to say just that and whilst one wasnt watching the other two agreed.

In my opinion if we could three stands like that as "Phase One" that would be a great result and I would imagine most supporters would be equally happy.
https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues ... fylde.html I’ll have to watch the highlights again to see if there have been any alterations to the ground since those photos were taken.

Just had another shufti at the highlights and the end that we were attacking in the first half looked quite decent (in the photos in the groundguide it’s a flat bit of land similar to what the HSE was like before the portacabin office and Community Stand were there). Something very similar to that wouldn’t go amiss imo.
“The benefit of hindsight can be a wonderful thing.”
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

Birdman wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:56 am
Richard Petty wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:32 pm

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues ... fylde.html I’ll have to watch the highlights again to see if there have been any alterations to the ground since those photos were taken.

Just had another shufti at the highlights and the end that we were attacking in the first half looked quite decent (in the photos in the groundguide it’s a flat bit of land similar to what the HSE was like before the portacabin office and Community Stand were there). Something very similar to that wouldn’t go amiss imo.
Watching it on NLTV its hard to get a true impression but the stand behind the left hand goal (as seen from main stand) looked bigger than the one behind the right hand goal, if we had something similar we could do the same making the bigger one for home supporters and the smaller one for away supporters, you could also put a few seats in there for them as well.

The club site shows what it looks like now its finished https://www.afcfylde.co.uk/mill-farm/ having now seen a picture of the main stand I would say that that's a bit too big and is out of proportion to the rest of the stadium so I would say that if we were at some point in the future to find the funding to replace the North Stand as well as the other threes sides then the replacement shown on our own plans would actually be better with just an alteration to roof design to blend it in with the other three new stands.
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Wanderer
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Wanderer »

Richard Petty wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:02 am Watching it on NLTV its hard to get a true impression but the stand behind the left hand goal (as seen from main stand) looked bigger than the one behind the right hand goal, if we had something similar we could do the same making the bigger one for home supporters and the smaller one for away supporters, you could also put a few seats in there for them as well.
The South Stand (the one we scored our goals in) is for away fans and has a capacity for 1,000, the new North Stand was built with a capacity of 1,850, but it also has an indoor bar underneath that can fit 500 supporters.
Richard Petty
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by Richard Petty »

Wanderer wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:06 am
Richard Petty wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:02 am Watching it on NLTV its hard to get a true impression but the stand behind the left hand goal (as seen from main stand) looked bigger than the one behind the right hand goal, if we had something similar we could do the same making the bigger one for home supporters and the smaller one for away supporters, you could also put a few seats in there for them as well.
The South Stand (the one we scored our goals in) is for away fans and has a capacity for 1,000, the new North Stand was built with a capacity of 1,850, but it also has an indoor bar underneath that can fit 500 supporters.
Ideal :D
stevieshot
Co-owner
Co-owner

Post by stevieshot »

I thought this thread had gone a bit quiet. And seeing Fyde highlights, and listening to Robs commentary on Saturday. I was quite impressed with what I saw.